Advanced Applications of Oryza in Rice Research
This training aims to improve and extend the skills of ORYZA users for more advanced application studies, which may require thousands or even millions of simulations.
- Managing large-scale simulations with ORYZA: data handling, input file organization, simulation management, and output analysis for regional grid-cell simulations;
- Using ORYZA for climate change study: impact assessment and optimizing adaptation strategies for rice production under climate change;
- Using ORYZA for rice breeding: evaluating the performance of breeding lines in a large number of environments, identifying the hot spots for dissemination of varieties, and differentiating the contribution of specific breeding traits; and
- Using ORYZA for crop management optimization: optimizing cropping calendar, planting density, and water and nitrogen application for a specific site.
- Basic understanding of crop modeling; and
- Basic knowledge in using ORYZA Rice Model for rice production simulation; OR
- Has already taken the ORYZA training program for beginners.