Data Analytics Using R Programming
R is the leading open source statistical and data analysis programming language. Through thousands of useful open source libraries, R empowers its users to solve complex problems, efficiently analyze data and develop powerful visuals. R also enables users to build their own analysis methods and algorithms to solve specific problems. Through the use of an online self-study platform as well as live practice sessions and office-hours offered in-person at International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) Headquarters (HQ) or online via live streaming, this course empowers participants to become proficient in the R programming language so that they can begin to utilize R for whatever purpose they may need. For a more personalized learning experience, in-person attendance at IRRI HQ is recommended, but it is not required.
- Master the basics of data analysis and common data structures
- Learn the how to automate multi-step processes and repetitive tasks
- Learn how to write R functions so that your processes can be more easily repeated
- Get over the R learning curve
- Introduction to R
- Conditional statements
- Data visualization
- Online self-study that includes lectures and graded exercises
- Live practice and Q&A sessions with experienced R programmers
- Applicants will be notified thru email if they are accepted or not.
- Participants must bring their own laptop.