Advanced Rice Production and Mechanization
This 4-day intensive training course aims to equip participants with an in-depth view of rice production, mechanization, and post-harvest processes. Learners will participate in field visits, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discussions with IRRI scientists and experts.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- practice end-to-end rice production and post-harvest processes;
- describe the procedure in determining seed quality and characteristics;
- explain how the post-production process can reduce losses and increase the value of a rice crop;
- identify mechanized system solutions for a specific local environment;
- initiate discussions with local farmers and IRRI staff on their respective areas of expertise.
- Introduction to IRRI
- Quality Seed Varieties and Selection
- Rice Production
- Crop Establishment
- Crop Requirements
- Crop Protection and Care
- Planting Equipment
- Post-harvest Processes
- Maintaining Quality and Purity of Seeds
- Mechanization Skills
- Scientists and officials
Duration: 4 days
None. However, participants should note that the course requires some outdoor physical exertion.