Rice Production Basics
This course covers all elements of rice production from land preparation to post-harvest processing. Participants will be given basic knowledge and will have a large amount of hands-on experience in the rice field.
- Learn basic information on rice plant anatomy, life cycle, and growth requirements
- Gain an understanding and appreciation for the knowledge and work it takes to grow rice.
- Acquire hands-on experience in all stages of growing and harvesting rice
- Rice and its ecosystem
- Quality seed
- Crop establishment
- Crop management
- Rice harvest and management
- Government officials
- Private Sector agri-business employees (large and small)
- Anyone who is interested!
*suitable for people with little or no prior knowledge
Duration: 5 days
None. However participants should note that the course does require some outdoor physical exertion.