Rice Production Basics
This is an introductory course covering all the necessary elements in rice production: from land preparation to post-harvest operations. Participants will acquire basic knowledge and participate in hands-on exercises in the rice field.
- Describe the rice plant’s anatomy, life cycle, and growth requirements
- Identify the procedures in growing rice
- Apply the necessary skills in growing and harvesting rice
- Rice and its ecosystem
- Quality seed
- Crop establishment
- Crop management
- Rice harvest and management
- Government officials
- Private Sector agri-business employees (large and small)
- Anyone who is interested!
*suitable for people with little or no prior knowledge
Duration: Five (5) days
None. However participants should note that the course does require some outdoor physical exertion.