Rice: Research to Production
Due to the restrictions brought by the pandemic, IRRI Education is postponing the Rice: Research to Production (RR2P) course scheduled for July 12-30, 2021 at IRRI HQ, Philippines until further notice.
This course covers the basics of rice production, an overview of the changes and challenges in the rice industry from production to market, an awareness of the research issues of IRRI and its partners/collaborators, advancements in rice breeding, and building effective collaborations within the international research community. Additionally, the course will also cover issues related to germplasm exchange and property rights.
Facilitated by the respective experts in IRRI, course activities range from instructor-led lectures, open discussions, and hands-on field exercises.
- Identify the basics of rice production
- Distinguish the diverse rice varieties
- Examine the research and development issues related to food security
- Apply the necessary hands-on skills related to rice production and breeding
- Describe the ways in building effective international collaborations
- Rice production basics
- Rice research and development
- Rice breeding methodologies
- Farmer participatory research and technology transfer
- Effective ways to structure international collaboration
- This course is aimed at early career researchers and graduate (MS and PhD) students.
Duration: Three (3) weeks
None. However participants should note that the course does require some outdoor physical exertion.