Rice: Research to Production
This course covers the basics of rice production, an overview of the changes and challenges in the rice industry from production to market, an awareness of the research considerations around the rice-based agri-food systems, advancements in rice breeding, new innovations in rice science, and building effective collaborations within the international research community. Additionally, the course will also cover topics related to germplasm exchange and property rights.
Facilitated by the respective experts in IRRI, course activities range from instructor-led lectures, open discussions, asynchronous sessions, and hands-on field exercises.
- Learn the basics of rice production
- Appreciate rice varietal diversity
- Examine the research and development issues related to food security
- Apply the necessary hands-on skills related to rice production and breeding
- Build effective international collaborations
- Rice production basics
- Rice research and development
- Rice breeding methodologies
- Farmer participatory research and technology transfer
- Effective ways to structure international collaboration
- This course is aimed at early career researchers and graduate (MS and PhD) students.
Duration: Three (3) weeks
From July 18, 2022 to August 05, 2022
None. However participants should note that the course does require some outdoor physical exertion.