General Mechanization Basics
This course gives participants an understanding of mechanization system, the knowledge to define what makes a good mechanization system for their locality and the effect of mechanization on the agro-eco system and the rice value chain.
- Understand the theory and practice of mechanization systems.
- Identify mechanized system solutions and risks that may fit the local environment
- What is mechanization (System, not just equipment)
- Drivers for mechanization (Climate change, Labor shortages, Productivity opportunities, Ageing agricultural workforce, Enabling environment)
- Barriers to mechanization and solutions to barriers (finance, policy, after sales service, agronomy)
- Technical options to mechanization
- Impact of mechanization
- Economics of mechanization and business models
- Approaches and successful mechanization strategies
- Field experience of selected equipment
- Private Sector agri-business employees (large and small)
- Intermediaries (public, private, researchers, extension agents, suppliers)
- Policy makers
- End users